The information supplied below is helpful aid those in the required steps to accurately gather information that your car insurance company will expect in the events of an auto accident claim. Additionally, an attorney would be a excellent source for correct vehicle procedures in the vents of an accident.
Ensure that you are ready in advance.
It is best in the vents of an accident to be prepare and to become acquaintance with the laws and requirements of the state. Many states mandate a person report any accident occurrences to the regional Department of Motor Vehicle or DMV. Be certain to place an accident packet in your automobile. It should encompass a pen, paper and accident forms. Quality Accident Report Forms are attainable online from your state DMV and car insurance businesses will also supply these forms to members.
When a vehicle accident happens do the following:
1. Stay calm and halt the automobile.
2. Turn off the apparatus and install the parking brake.
3. If anyone is hurt provide aid. Call the police or Emergency Medical Transport Services (EMT) if anyone is severely hurt or even if the automobile is not functioning.
4. If you breathe gas or the car is on fire remove all person from the area and notify the fire department.
5. In a minor fender bender, place your hazard lights on and drive vehicles to safe location on the side off the road. Most police departments recommend parties involved in minor accidents resolve the issue without calling 911. Yet, if the parties are unable to do so, the police can be dispatched if the accident is on a public road.
6. Dispense flares or an reflective triangle to the back of vehicles and to the side of the car accident;
7. Interchange driver and car insurance data.
8. Acquire the identities of the person(s) in the vehicles along with the driver and any potential witnesses’ who may have seen the accident. Do this as quickly as possible write down the names and location of each.
9. If an officer has been dispatched and an accident report is transcribed, ask when and where you can acquire a copy of the report. Realize that your insurance company will ask you top send them a copy.
10. Notify your insurance car company.
11. In case your uneasy contact an attorney.
Your car insurance company will want you to obtain the following documentation at the scene:
1. Vehicle authentication of the other parties: The automobiles year, make, the model and license plate number, etc.
2. Driver registration and other information such as full name, current location, cell & home phone number, his or hers date of birth, and the current state in which the driver license number was issued.
3. If the vehicle owners information is different from the driver; you will need to write down the individuals name, current address, cell & phone number of the ca occupier. If the driver is not the titleholder of the car, be certain to acquire the car insurance information of the vehicle that collided with you and do not take the any information from the driver.
4. Collect the Car Insurance information; begin with the insurance policy holder’s name, the car insurance policy # number, when the insurances were to expire and the individuals insurances company Name and company address. If the driver is uninsured, collect as much information as you can and call the police for before doing anything else.
5. When it comes to witnesses; see if anyone observed what happen. Ask if they will provide you their name and current address and home or work number.
6. The dispatching police officer’s you want to get his or hers name if possible see you can secure a business card from them.
7. Take photos of the automobile accident, if you have a cell phone camera handed snap several pictures in various angles
8. In due time, you can write down details such as: the time of the accident, what the weather conditions were, if the visibility conditions were poor, road conditions, lighting conditions, what color was the traffic lights, signs on the streets, and the approximate speed your vehicles was traveling. Configure a drawing of the street and make certain to note the direction each vehicle as soon as possible. Write down details of the total damage of each car, the bodily injuries and property damage.
What NOT to do in a car accident:
Never discuss or share with anyone that you where at in fault, even if you believe you where do not admit fault or apologize. This is recommended by car insurance companies, you can give the dispatched officer an account of the situations but do not do this in front of the person(s) you where involved in the accident with. No one can force you to provide ant details of the accident or admit blame. You have the right to see a lawyer before proceeding in making any statements. If the accident is serious, say nothing and seek a lawyer as soon as possible.